Income Report September 2017
One of the hardest things of running a business, to me, is having to run it even when your life is a mess. And somehow I’ve so many times had my life feel that way since I started my company… It feels like I’m constantly moving. I’ve had a lot of stuff going on in friendships, while feeling like having too little friends at the same time.
From April till August, everything was pretty quiet (although I did have some big crying marathons of multiple days as well, now that I think of it…) but I really needed that period of rest. Then September came, and somehow my relationship ended.
Another thing to learn how to do while launching ;)
0. Some notes
CH = Commit Happiness
LHC = Life of a Hippie CEO
1. September Check-in
- Inner wisdom e-course: €1043 (7 sales)
- Inner joy e-course: €308 (4 sales)
- Self-love e-course: €298 (2 sales)
- Affirmation e-course: €25 (1 sale)
- Youtube advertisement earnings: €77,07
- Bookkeeping service: €18,15
- ConvertKit: €87
- Hosting, payment system, Amazon AWS: about €10,-
- I also paid for ActiveCampaign but later got this refunded as I cancelled my subscription.
- 7855 Visits at CH (+2598)
- 6732 Newsletter CH (+273)
- 6488 Subscribers at CH Youtube (+472)
- 1796 Facebookgroup members CH (+165)
- 1216 Facebook Likes CH (+78)
- So yes, the break-up. I didn’t really know beforehand I was going to, but I sort of broke up with my boyfriend midway September.
He hadn’t dared to ask me if I was okay with him visiting his family because of the graduation of his brother. So when he told me after a week (very nervous of my reaction), I said: “I don’t think I can be in a relationship with you if something so normal like wanting to attend your brothers graduation, is something you’re afraid to discuss with me.”
And that was it. It was like something in me decided to break up, not me personally. I went to my room and thought: wow, now it’s going to happen. Now I’m going to collapse.
But I didn’t. Well, not at first. I cried for a few minutes and then felt so great about being back with my self again. I thought: Daan not being able to be open with me might have been the cause of our break-up, but my reason to stick with this is because it’s so much better to be with myself! And that contact is too fragile right now to be in a relationship with someone else again, I would lose myself in no-time.
That euphoric state lasted about a day and half. And ever since I have been going back and forth between feeling devastated, panicking, depressed/sad and a state of gratitude and happiness. Sometimes I can trust that this break-up is a gift, something I did to experience more love, and that Daan and I will be together again if that means it’s the most loving thing for the two of us.
Other times I feel like something bad happened to me without my control, and I am like that Beatles song Yesterday, thinking back on how everything was so perfect just a week or two ago.
It’s an illusion, but it’s a stubborn one.
- Like any other insane entrepreneur, I decided to do my launching nonetheless :’). I thought, in my happy-with-the-break-up state, that I would be okay enough to handle a launch. At that point I also felt a lot of faith that my launch would be a great one, and I wouldn’t have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster of launching.
Let’s just call it cute…
So after my webinars, and having not as many sign-ups as I hoped for and not having that many live sales, I went into some sort of mini-depression for a few days. I felt waaay too vulnerable losing my boyfriend (+ his financial support) and then having to doubt whether my company would be able to provide for me.
In the last months I had felt so abundant and so happy about the success in my company, but now that I have to take care of myself financially… there’s suddenly so much more needed. €1000/month felt like so much before and now it’s just barely welfare level.
I didn’t really set goals, but I did manage to record all my e-course videos and launch my e-course!
- I think I should keep a record of how many people sign up for my launch (like a webinar or challenge) on every day of my promotion. Because in the beginning it always seem to be less people than I had hoped for, and it makes me nervous every time!
- I can’t really phrase it as a lesson here yet, but I do think I learned a lot about how much I ask from myself. I wanted to run a 5-figure internal launch (while not having done that before), while at the same time using my break-up for spiritual growth and not feeling any attachment to my ex-boyfriend at any moment, while keeping up with eating healthy, cleaning the house, answering my email etc.
I can be aware of how absurd this is and still feel like I should be able to pull it off.
- Well, I did manage to pull of two webinars during the middle of my break-up… It’s not something we should try to do, but now that I’ve already done it, let’s be a little proud I could.
And the webinar + my course got much better as well, so hooray for that. I really start to see the effect of not creating new products all the time, but focusing on improving what I already have. Not even so much in higher sales or anything (yet!), but just for my own sanity. It gives more inner peace.
- Wow, I made more than €500 in passive income this month!! I have no idea why it happened because there was very little I did differently, and I have no idea whether it was just a random spike or because I’m starting to get more passive sales. But either way it feels like a great milestone. €500 That I didn’t do anything for, is pretty amazing!!
- Oh why didn’t I think of this one sooner? I got featured in the Happinez!!
In case you haven’t heard of it: it’s the most famous spiritual magazine in the Netherlands, almost every Dutch person knows it. I had put the Happinez on my business bucketlist for 2017 and I’m so excited it happened!
How? One of the speakers I had on my virtual summit approached me because she was writing an article about a new trend she saw: women in their 20-30’s who step up as spiritual leaders. And she was looking for some “girl gurus” to interview.
Oh and something that I think is important to note about this: is didn’t bring me much in tangible results in my business. I barely had more website visitors or email subsribers because of it. The reason I’m so excited about it is a) because it just feels like a really cool thing to have achieved, for my own self-image or something and b) so I can say on my website that I have been featured in the Happinez, so that people will see me more as an authority.
2. October Intentions
My action-focused goals for this month:
- First round of invites for my virtual summit speakers of 2018
- Run the live round of my inner wisdom course
- Prepare for my travels to Asia (like making a batch of Youtube videos so I can schedule them in for the months I’m gone)