Income Report March 2017
In March I could finally relax a little and process everything that had happened in January and February. My main focus was on my virtual summit that’s coming up in May, and self-care.
0. Some notes
CH = Commit Happiness
LHC = Life of a Hippie CEO
1. March Check-in
- Self-love e-course: €298
- Affiliate earnings: €3
- Leonie Dawson’s academy membership: €469
- Fab FB Groups e-course: €935
- Lights (for filming): €70
- ConvertKit: €75
- Hosting, payment system, Amazon AWS: about €10
- Refunds: €298
- 4046 Visits at CH (-1773)
- 131 Visits at LHC (+47)
- 3504 Newsletter CH (+149)
- 3941 Subscribers at CH Youtube (+390)
- 571 Facebookgroup members CH (+21)
- 777 Facebook Likes CH (+32)
- 60 Pinterest followers CH (+2)
- 37 Newsletter LHC (+0)
- My theme of this month was: becoming selfish ;) I’ve always wanted to create a company to help other people and create a better world. And I still want to do that (for me that’s a given when you start any company/organization/movement/whatever) but this month I really came to understand how much toll it took on me that I had put so much focus on other people, and so little on myself.
Even after days/weeks of taking it easy with my work and ‘reviving’ myself from what happened the months before, I couldn’t find my joy in Commit Happiness. And I think it was because these things had gotten so out of balance. So many thing that I did because I thought my audience needed it. So many things I did because marketers said I should. Even things I did for my future-self, for that vision that somewhere-sometime-far-far-away I would be grateful for the sacrifices I made today.
And there has been so little that I did because it was best for the Me in this moment.
- With that realization, I started on a soulsearch journey by the end of March. With a lot of heartache I threw out my unfulfilled March and Q1 goals, and I started tuning in to my inner wisdom and the higher vision of my company. It has just been the start and I will continue this journey throughout April, but here are some of the things that came through so far:
- So the only things I did regarding ‘normal’ work, were the preparation of my virtual summit and the weekly content + newsletter. And some random things that needed to get done, like a live Q&A for my students.
- And last but not least, our cuddly animals decided to compete with each other in a drinking game! This were the teams:
Income goal: €100,-
Yes! I was really surprised to see 3 more self-love course sales come in, just after my launch had ended!
Arrange all the speakers + affiliates for my virtual summit
I tried my best, but I always underestimate how much time it takes for other people to respond. Plus I needed some time to figure out what the best way for me was to do the inviting.
My original plan was to send out all the invitations on March 10th, but I soon noticed that was too optimistic. Some speakers I know very well and they are easy to invite, others need some more mental or emotional effort. So after some time I found out that I only kept to my set invitation goal if I didn’t do more than 3 in one day (otherwise it felt too hard and I wouldn’t even start) and to do it first thing in the morning.
I did that for about 3-4 full weeks, which felt like forever because it was still asking a lot of myself to get those 3 invitations done every day. I was a bit surprised too about how many invites I needed to send out to get +- 15 people on board by the end of April.
Send out all press releases
Pfhew. I had to discover what works for me here as well. I ended up not writing a press release, but just sending out pitches that explained what I would write about if they wanted to cover me. It seemed so much easier, and a PR-person actually recommend that approach for magazines.
As I write this post during May I can already tell you: it didn’t bring any results! One magazine said they would try to cover it on their website, the others didn’t respond at all. I think I contacted about 5.
I’m not sure if this might have been more successful if I had written them waaaay sooner, or included a press release with my pitch.
Find a bookkeeper
Didn’t get to this
Upload 5 how-to videos to Youtube, besides my weekly meditations
So this is one of my Q1 goals that I let go off… It was bit hard but I think the best desicion.
Finish the outline of my book
And same here.
- Refunds were emotionally very heavy for me at the end of February and beginning of March. It felt so weird to make 300, and then “lose” it all the next day on refunds. That made me decide that I want to add some kind of self-care/self-love action to my refund processing.
I’m also re-evaluating my refund policy, as it started to feel a bit off this month. People who didn’t even give the course a try requested a refund and I didn’t know beforehand that I would have a problem with that (I have a very tolerant refund policy on purpose)… but when it happened, it felt wrong. As if I took the responsibility for that other person. She didn’t commit to her buying decision, and now I had to deal with it.
I created my refund policy 1,5 years ago, when I was a very different person – deadly afraid that my course just SUCKED and with no understanding of how much effort and emotional toll refunds would take from me. In April I want to feel into what refund policy fits who I am today.
- I used to have such a hard time with the saying ‘If you want to be everything to anyone, you’re nothing to no one.’ (Or something like that.) But this month I found a new understanding in being specific on which people you work with. I realized that if I don’t repel the people who are not a good fit for me/Commit Happiness as early as possible, I end up having to deal with them! In the form of hateful comments, refunds or clients that drain my energy and time.
I don’t want to help ‘the entire world’ if that comes at the expense of my own well-being. (And probably it’s better for those other people, too)
- It was a weird sensation that in March 2016, I did an entire webinar launch and made about €100. Now a year later, I’ve barely been working and my March revenue was €300. It’s a very nice feeling that things are becoming easier :)
- With the closing of March comes the closing of Q1. I had set a revenue goal of €2500 which felt like a stretch when I wrote it down at the end of December. I am so over the moon that I not even hit this goal (which would have been wonderful taking into account how many times I’ve failed on my money goals BIG time!), but I even doubled it!! <3 <3 <3 I feel so confident now that I can hit my 2017 year goal of €10.000, and even want to shoot for €16.000 (scaaary, but exciting).
2. March Intentions
My action-focused goals for this month:
I did not really set goals this month but these are the things that really need to happen:
- Find a bookkeeper
- Set up all the affliate materials for my summit
What is the income you want to make this month?
I’m not focusing on income this month.
How could you get this number?