Check-in August 2016
0. Some notes
CH = Commit Happiness
LHC = Life of a Hippie CEO
With goalsetting and planning my month, I try to come up with goals that a) seem achievable or feel okay to surrender to the universe and b) would mean that by the end of the month, my business would be in a distinctively different place than it is now.
1. August Check-in
- My affirmation e-course (2 sales): €50,-
- My self-love e-course (1 sale): €149,-
- ConvertKit: €44,-
- And some fees for my payment system + hosting, less than €5,- all-together.
- 5145 Visits at CH (+1372)*
- 63 Visits at LHC (-40)
- 1545 Newsletter CH (+332)*
- 2027 Subscribers at CH Youtube (+214)
- 204 Facebookgroup members CH (+62)*
- 494 Facebook Likes CH (+43)
- ? Pinterest followers CH (+?)
- ? Newsletter LHC (+?)
*The big increase is because I hosted (and promoted) my self-love challenge
- I hosted a 14-day self-love challenge, which turned out to be a big success in sign-ups! I only promoted it to my list and in a few Facebook groups (and encouraged people to invite their friends, more than I usually do) and more than 350 people participated – clearly a personal record. I got a lot of positive reactions from people and my head was way high up in the clouds.
- That was, until the self-love challenge ended. I hosted it as a way to promote my self-love course, and gave an extra bonus to everyone who would buy the course by the end of the challenge. Then on cart close day… only one person bought the course. It felt like my most miserable launch so far… More on that will be in my Launch Breakdown #4 report.
- On that very same day, I found out that my boyfriend had been intimate with another woman about a year ago. Which on itself was okay…by which I mean… we are in an open relationship after all. It still hurts, but what hurt most was the fact that he hadn’t told me for so long. I felt so lost that even though I had an open relationship, I couldn’t trust the sincerity of my boyfriend.
I was so devastated that day. My launch flopped, my boyfriend lied… My mind concluded: “I will never be a successful entrepreneur, I will never earn money and be able to provide for myself, I will never be in an honest, loving relationship… Summary: my life is not really worth living.” So many important things in my life seemed to fall away that day and I couldn’t do much for a few days than just cry and feel miserable.
This is also the reason why I haven’t been very active on Life of a Hippie CEO. I just couldn’t work anymore, I felt so blocked and I had to be with my feelings, with the pain. I didn’t work for a whole week, and only created my inner wisdom course by the end of the month because I really had to as beta testers were counting on me.
Take a week off from Commit Happiness to focus on LHC
Haha… that didn’t work. I had to plan in a few Skype calls with potential speakers for my summit that week, and that got me so distracted that it was hard to focus on LHC. It was so emotional, pitching in a live call to some very famous people.
I did get clear on my “strategy” for Life of a Hippie CEO though, which felt great. Here you can see my plan, with yellow dots that show how much effort I put into each of these parts:
It’s very focused on how I can make this website grow, without needing to put in too much effort – as I’m still working on Commit Happiness (more than) fulltime.
Besides that I also created newsletter content for the rest of the year so I could start mailing weekly… And then I didn’t. Because of well, you know, the emotional shit I had to go through this month (+ a big part of September as well).
Prepare for + create my inner wisdom course
So yes… It was hard with my personal life getting in the way, but I did finish the creation of my course. The first part (before Everything Happened) was so joyful to me! :)
- Ooh, I know see the sweetness of action-focused goals! Although this entire month felt like ONE BIG FAILURE to me, I pretty much hit both of my goals! And that does give some feeling of satisfaction.
- I realized how important it is for me to be flexible with my schedule when things happen in my personal life. It was a really amazing period for my personal growth, and I felt like I couldn’t really use that as much as I had liked to because I had to create that course and prepare for my summit. I want to take a look how I can create some kind of buffer in my planning so that I can still quit working very spontaneously – whether it’s for fun or because I’m going through a process.
- A new record of participants for a live event!
- (Almost) finished the creation of a new e-course!
2. September Intentions
As you might have guessed… I didn’t have much intentions for next month other than to get through it :’)